DECA DURABOLIN (nandrolone decanoate)
19-Nor-4-androstene-3-one,17b-ol" or "4-Estren-17beta-ol-3-one
Pronounced "DECKA-dur-Ä-bowlin", second to dianabol, deca is the most popular steroid in use. It owes its popularity to several factors. The absence of a carbon atom at the 19th position gives nandrolone distinct features. Unlike testosterone, which can break down to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), nandrolone breaks down into DHN (dihydronandrolone). This form is very unlikely to bind with the androgen receptors, causing milder side effects, if any. This makes nandrolone a good choice for people that have a predisposition to androgenic side effects like male pattern baldness, acne, prostate cancer, and so forth.
The body will be in a state of positive nitrogen balance much easier with the presence of Deca. This means your cells will retain and utilize more nitrogen than it releases. This transcendes into more muscle production in the body, as long as you have the macronutrients to work with (fat, protein, carbohydrates).
Deca is also liked by many for its ability to lubricate the joints (production of synovial fluid). This helps provide pain free workouts for those on gear that typically irritate the joints (winstrol, etc.)
Deca will cause some water retention, driving weight up. This makes this an unwise choice during any cutting phase of a sport.
- Be careful if you are doing any drug testing, this steroid and its metabolites can stay in the system for over a year
- Be wary of counterfeits, this is the most popular steroid to fake
- Stack with a testosterone (cypionate, enanthate, or sustanon)
- Clomid/Nolvadex is highly recommended during cycles, estrogen-receptor antagonist
- Water retention, watch out!